Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Rock

Should I take that path?
Up in the sky with her 
Looking at the ground from a far distance
Everything seems small
They talk, they doubt, they judge
"I'm sure it will work out" she says

Purple turns into blue
Yellow into red 
I learn from what I see
Prosperity is what I want
To get it, I hurt and hurt...
Until she speaks again

No matter what, she's there
The one who stands by me 
The one who knows it all 
That forceful, poised rock
My blanket, my lucky-charm
The essence of my heart

There to support me...
Until days re-become bright
The gain surpassing the loss
Blue turning into purple
Red turning into yellow
It all makes sense again


 




2 comments:

  1. "No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother's love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star." By Edwin Hubbell Chapin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite: "If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam." (Henry Bickersteth)

    ReplyDelete